Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Post #9--Lifeprint Lesson 3

This lesson works a lot on facial expressions, which I have learned is SO IMPORTANT in sign language. Since you are not able to speak and give inflection in your voice it is important to be able to communicate those with others.

I worked on learning the numbers 11-20 and began to understand how complicated each finger placement was and how important each finger placement is as well! It is crazy to think that the position of your thumb is important in a sign, but it truly is! I struggled with the numbers because of the different finger placements, but I worked hard and will keep working hard to continue to get better! I think this is a hard thing to do in sign language for me because I am so used to the American number system and we used our hands to do the same thing, but it is different.

Next we worked on tense which WAS EXTREMELY DIFFICULT. For sign language you don't sign every word that you say so the word order is messed up as well, which doesn't help the tense problem because it is different than English. I struggled to understand this topic and I think I will for a long time.

We also worked on adding endings to words like -s, -ed, -ing, etc. I feel like this is the first topic that he didn't explain very well at all. I felt like I was not able to really take anything away from this part of the lesson and this was very frustrating to me.

The video below is what I learned in this lesson!


No comments:

Post a Comment