When I began this journal, I originally thought I was going to do Spanish because I helped chaperone a trip to Costa Rica and I didn't know any Spanish. I originally learned German in high school. I have wanted to minor in Spanish so that I would be better prepared as a new teacher. One day I was sitting in church though and watching the sign language interpreter and remembered how much of a passion I have had for that language and how universal this language is--so that was my decision.
Over this blog, you will see my journey learning a new language (American Sign Language) over a semester. This will teach me not only a new language, but also help me understand how difficult it would be for my ELL students to learn a new language. I will study the language for an hour once a week and we will see how much I can learn in a semester!
Thanks for following along in my journey! Here we go!
No comments:
Post a Comment